We want you to feel confident and ready for your big day. We will pair you with a member of our “Dream Team,” your own experienced, attentive and knowledgeable Registered Nurse who will visit with you one-on-one to discuss your specific desires and needs. Your Pregnancy Partner will help you navigate through all the steps in this amazing journey.
Your Pregnancy Partners
Abigail Boudreaux, RN
Abigail, a Millennial mom, offers experience as a nurse in the Nursery and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to her role as Pregnancy Partner and clinical educator. She assists you and other moms-to-be with getting to know the facility, any questions about your and your baby’s care before, during and after delivery. Also, she helps you develop a personalized plan of care and birth experience.
Jardin Register, RN, BSN
Jardin, a Millennial mom of three, helps guide you and other moms-to-be through the pregnancy journey, whether you are a first-time mom or if you have other little ones at home. She works closely with you to develop an individualized plan of care for a personalized birth experience. Jardin is a Lafayette native with a background in newborn nursery care and is the Education Manager for Women's & Children's Hospital.
Angela Rachal, WHNP-BC
Angela is a High-Risk Maternity Navigator specially trained and extensively experienced in guiding you and other moms-to-be through your individual pregnancy journey while expecting twins, triplets or more and those moms-to-be who may have gestational diabetes or other high-risk pregnancy challenges. She worked as a Labor & Delivery registered nurse for nearly 20 years before earning a master’s degree in Nursing from Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, where she was certified in May 2010 as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
You and Your Pregnancy Partner at will:
- Get to know each other and understand the services available.
- Visit regularly throughout your pregnancy.
- Take a tour of the facility.
- Discuss what hospital amenities are important to you.
- Determine any risk or health factors that may impact your pregnancy.
- Register for free Prenatal Classes available at Women's & Children's Hospital to help you prepare for your little one’s arrival, parenthood, multiples, siblings and so much more.
- Review your partner’s role during labor and delivery.
- Complete your pre-admission paperwork.