Women's & Children's Hospital "Patient Transfer" Access Center
Transfer a PatientThe right hospital.
The right service.
The right time.
The Women's & Children's Hospital Access Center features the latest in telecommunications technology and is staffed by RNs with backgrounds in emergency and critical care.
The Access Center will facilitate all patient transfers to our hospitals. Our team is available 24/7 and will handle every step of the transfer or admission. You make one call. We take it from there.
Our team will:
- Locate the accepting physician
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing transportation
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Track transfer from time of call to patient arrival
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
Why transfer to Women's & Children's Hospital?
- Acadiana’s only facility dedicated exclusively to the care of women, infants and children
- The region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care and Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care units
- Specially trained air and ground transport teams for neonatal and pediatric intensive care patients
- Acadiana’s only pediatric-focused Emergency Room— kids E.R.— staffed 24/7 by board-certified pediatricians and pediatric emergency-certified nurses
- In-house anesthesia, OB-GYN hospitalists and pediatric intensivists, available 24/7
- Comprehensive pediatric sub-specialty and surgical services
- Recognized as a Top Performer by the Joint Commission in perinatal care, surgery and children’s asthma
To transfer a patient, call