Women and Infant Care Links
Packing For Your Hospital Stay
About six weeks from your due date is a good time to begin packing a bag for your upcoming stay with us at Women’s & Children’s Hospital. Why prepare so early? Well, babies have been known to come early. Here are a few items to consider slipping into your overnight bag:
- Robe and slippers. Button or wrap-around robes are preferred.
- Nightgown or pajamas. Nothing binding. Think comfort.
- Two good support or breastfeeding bras.
- Personal care items like a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and other essentials that will help you feel more at home.
- Photo and video equipment. If you take pictures or video of the baby in the birthing room or afterwards, be sure to bring proper flash equipment, batteries and chargers.
- Pillows with colored pillow cases.
- Going home outfit. You’ll want something loose-fitting.
What to Pack for Baby
Here are a few items you may want to have pre-washed and packed for the trip home with the new addition to your family:
- Receiving blanket.
- Sleeper or other outfit.
- Extra blanket, depending on weather.
- Car seat – be sure it is properly installed and you know how to use it.
- Disposable diapers and wipes are provided by the hospital, but it’s never a bad idea to pack a few extra.