Women and Infant Care Links
Labor & Delivery
With outstanding physicians and nurses, Women’s & Children’s Hospital has the expertise to care for and manage situations that may arise before, during, and after your pregnancy and childbirth.
Because we have specialized in treating women and children for over 20 years, there is no better atmosphere you can choose to bring your new bundle of joy into the world.
Our maternity area is uniquely designed for your comfort and our caring and competent nursing staff is always available to provide support to our new parents. Should complications arise, you can be assured that you are in one of the premier facilities in Louisiana for critical care of you and your newborn.
Our maternity area includes:
- Spacious Labor/Delivery/Recovery (LDR) suites, in a home-like setting.
- Advanced technologies including a comprehensive fetal monitoring.
- Infant security system
- A C-Section suite is available in the unit for emergency deliveries.
- Dedicated antenatal rooms.
- Antenatal/Postpartum Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for the care of high-risk expectant mothers.
- 45-bed well-baby nursery to assist the newborn in the transition process from the womb to the “outside” world.
- Certified lactation consultants available for consultation for all new moms.
- Information for your support person
- Prenatal checklist
- Packing for your stay
- After your stay
- Birth certificates
Pre-register online or by calling 337-521-9100.