Women and Infant Care Links
Pregnancy and Childbirth at Women's & Children's Hospital
Since 1983, Women's & Children's Hospital, has been there for Acadiana families as they have brought their children into the world. With a tradition of quality care and the dedication of a facility focused on the health and comfort of babies and their mothers it’s no surprise that Women's & Children's Hospital is the second largest birthing hospital in the state of Louisiana.
Every birth is a unique experience. While some births go as planned, others do not, but you can be assured that our team of experienced, expertly trained physicians and nurses will guide you safely through yours.
- Vaginal Deliveries
- Vaginal Deliveries after previous C-Section
- C-Section Deliveries
- Multiple’s Deliveries
- High-risk / Pre-mature Births in our Level III antenatal unit
Our soothing environment and experienced staff allow you to deliver and recover in comfort while you and your family focus on your new arrival.
Our amenities include:
- Spacious rooms with a home-like setting
- Private bathrooms
- Free wireless internet
- Dedicated OB surgery suite for emergency deliveries
- Acadianas only dedicated 10-bed antenatal unit for high-risk pregnancies, with a specially trained staff
- Antenatal/ postpartum Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Advanced fetal monitoring technology
- Maternal fetal medicine program
- 45-bed well-baby nursery
- 50-bed Level III Regional Status Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- We are a G.I.F.T. certified hospital
We are certain that your experience here at Women's & Children's Hospital will be a unique and pleasant one.
For more information and to arrange a tour of our facility please call 1-877-30-CARE-1 (1-877-302-2731)