7 Steps For Helping Kids During A Crisis
- Try and keep routines as normal as possible.Kids gain security from the predictability of routine, including attending school.
- Limit exposure to television and the news
- Be honest with kids and share with them as much information as they are developmentally able to handle.
- Listen to kids’ fears and concerns.
- Reassure kids that the world is a good place to be, but that there are people who do bad things.
- Parents and adults need to first deal with... Posted on Thu, May 25 2017